What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address, or telephone number of an employee of an organization. Essentially, personal information includes any information that identifies you or by which your identity could be deduced.
Why We Collect, Use or Disclose Your Personal Information
We collect, use and disclose your personal information to serve you better and to more efficiently provide our products and services which you request from us. If we did not collect your personal information, we could not provide you with some of our products or services.
Specifically, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information to:
- Process your evaluation for therapeutic mobility devices or our other products and to ensure proper custom manufacturing, assembly and fitting
- Contact your therapist to provide any necessary additional information to assist with proper manufacturing, assembly and fitting of your therapeutic mobility device
- Communicate with any insurers in connection with insurance claims being made in connection with a purchase of our products
- Publish your picture in our advertising material, including our website (only with your express written consent)
- Communicate with Freedom Concepts dealers and representatives to facilitate the evaluation and purchase of our products
- Provide periodic newsletters and other communications to our clients
- Facilitate the shipment of products which you may order from us (this includes providing customs officials with the information they require)
Your personal information may be collected, used or disclosed for any of these purposes set out above. We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information without you providing additional consent, except in connection with the sale of our business or unless we are otherwise required or permitted by law.
Obtaining Your Consent
Your knowledge and consent are required before we may collect, use, or disclose your personal information, except in special circumstances, such as during an emergency, or in situations otherwise permitted by law.
We accept the following as consent for our existing use and future collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes identified herein:
- Your written, oral, or other acceptable form of consent (including your implied consent) which may be obtained through our application, evaluations, or in the course of the provision of services
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information only by fair and lawful means. Wherever possible, we collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes we may obtain or verify personal information about you from other sources, for example:
- From your physical therapist (only with your express written consent)
- From one of our agents or dealers who may assist with your evaluation
The Information We Collect on Our Web Site
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
Your personal information is retained by Freedom Concepts only as long as we need it to effectively provide our products and services to you and for a reasonable length of time thereafter in case we need to meet any legal or government requirements, or as otherwise allowed by you.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
Freedom Concepts maintains security measures to safeguard your personal information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure or misuse. The following are some of the steps Freedom Concepts has taken to protect your personal information:
- Ensuring the premises where your personal information is stored is secure
- Restricting access to your personal information to the employees of Freedom Concepts on a need to know or need to use basis
- Implementing internal passwords and security policies
- Incorporating up-to-date encryption technologies on the Freedom Concepts website to ensure that the transmission of sensitive information isn’t vulnerable to unauthorized interception
Transfers to Third Parties
Withdrawing Your Consent
You may withdraw your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information subject to legal or contractual restrictions. You should be aware that withdrawing your consent may affect our ability to provide you with some of our products or services.
Your Rights To Access To Your Personal Information
You have certain rights to access your personal information that we have in our possession or control. You also have certain rights to know which third parties have received your personal information from Freedom Concepts.
How To Access Your Personal Information
To access your personal information, please make your request in writing to the Freedom Concepts Communications Officer, stating as specifically as possible, which personal information you are requesting.
Freedom Concepts will try to respond to your request as soon as possible, and will advise you if for some reason we cannot respond right away.
Can You Be Denied Access To Your Personal Information?
Freedom Concepts has the right to refuse your request for access to personal information if:
- The information is protected by solicitor-client privilege
- Granting access would reveal confidential commercial information
- Doing so would reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual
- The information was collected for purposes related to the detection and prevention of fraud
- The information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process
- The information would likely reveal personal information about another individual
Keeping Your Information Accurate
If any information needs to be updated or amended to reflect a change in your personal information, please let us know and we will make every effort to update our records. Freedom Concepts will amend personal information that is inaccurate or incomplete and, where appropriate, shall endeavour to advise other parties having access to the personal information in question.
2087 Plessis Road,
Sunnyside, MB R5R 0C8
Fax: (204) 654-1149
If You Have A Complaint, We Want To Know About It
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street
Place de Ville
Tower B, 3rd Floor
Ottawa ON K1A 1H3
Freedom Concepts often reviews its policies and procedures and reserves the right to make changes to this policy from time to time. The most current version of this policy is available by contacting the Freedom Concepts Privacy Officer.